Regarding NaNoWriMo 2014 and Updates

Hello all!
I haven't had the chance to really sit and talk to my wonderful viewers/readers about things in my life recently so here we go!


NaNoWriMo

The main reason I wanted to chat was to let you all know that I will be participating in NaNoWriMo 2014! I participated last year, just a month before creating my blog and won!
For those who are not sure what NaNoWriMo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month and takes place throughout November. The purpose is to kick start your novel and write your first draft in November by writing 50,000 words in just 30 days. The idea should be one you haven't done any writing for; just outlining.
I don't want to say too much about myself regarding NaNoWriMo, because I plan to make daily vlogs throughout the month of November on my YouTube channel and I don't want to spoil any video ideas.
I have yet to decide the title of my novel this year, but I do have a few bouncing around in my head. One of which is a title I have for another novel that's currently in the outlining stage, but may be better fit for this one... weird, right? What I will tell you is that my novel this year is a sci-fi and involves smart-ass teenagers in space. You'll know more publicly once the NaNo site is updated and I can create my novel on my profile. Last year's novel is there if you want to know more about it as well. I've started outlining now because I still have a lot of research to do before beginning my first draft. (the NASA site is about to become my best friend)
I love having lots of buddies to connect with on the NaNoWriMo site, so if you add me as a buddy, I'll definitely add you back!

Milestones

If you follow me on my YouTube channel, you'll know that I've reached and am about to reach a few milestones. I hit 300 subscribers on YouTube which is so amazing! I can't believe 300 people are actually interested in what I have to say! Since then, every time I check my subscriber count, it's higher. So I must say it again; THANK YOU SO MUCH! 
I also mentioned in my Reader's Warehouse Tag (which is a wonderful tag created by cool people) that if I hit 400 subs before my 100th video (I'm at 77 right now, I believe), that I'll do a 'special' video I originally planned for my 100th. Since then, I've realized that my 100th video may come during my NaNo daily vlogs, so I'm not quite sure if I'll do it then since it'll take some serious editing. (Can you guess what it is?)
There's one more milestone coming up as well as 100 videos. I'm almost at a year on BookTube (as well as this blog)! I'm pretty excited! I've met some really awesome people because of BookTube and I'm pretty grateful for it right now as I go through mental health problems and try to pick up some pieces. 
I've also hit a reading milestone this year! I've read 50 books so far this year, which is definitely the most books I have ever read in one year! I originally set my Goodreads goal to 40 but when I realized it would be too easy, I raised it to 50. I don't plan on raising it any more, but I may read 65ish books by the end of the year. Yay!
As for a life milestone, November 20th will mark my 18th anniversary with life... eek!

Other Life Updates

This month is actually pretty busy for me. I mentioned in a video that I'm currently unemployed, so I need to get myself out and doing some serious job hunting. I also want to finish as much outlining as possible for my novel before November! As well, I won't have much time to read during November, so I'm trying to read as many books as possible this month and knock off some digits on my TBR pile
I was watching one of my first videos, 'My 2014 To-Be-Read', the other day and I mentioned in it that I'm not a fan of high fantasy and I like contemporary better. It made me think of how much my tastes have changed because then in my 'September Wrap-Up/October TBR' video I mention that if I want to read 3-dimensional characters, I'll pick up a fantasy rather than a contemporary. Sort of strong words; I want to mention that it was mostly a joke because I enjoy a lot of contemporaries and I don't mean to offend anyone. Anyways, I've realized that my tastes have changed quite drastically and I can't wait to show y'all my favourite books of the year at the end of 2014!
December is coming, and if you're in the same position as me, you'll be aware that this means it's almost time to start applying to post-secondary institutions. So excited about that. *insert sarcasm here* So I've also been researching schools. I graduated high school last year, but I thought it would be best to take a year of before venturing into university. I'm lucky to have a couple of options because there is a great uni just a bus ride from where I live. But I've always wanted to go away for uni, so it's a tough decision. going away to uni means an extra $6,000 out of my bank account. *sigh*
Moving on...
EXCITING EVENTS ARE HAPPENING! I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT'S ALL IN CAPS I'M JUST REALLY EXCITED! Ransom Riggs is doing a signing this Thanksgiving weekend in Toronto that I very much want to go to, however, I'll have to convince my dad to take me since my mom will be in NYC that weekend on a birthday trip with my aunt (lucky ladies). So I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to go. As well, Veronica Roth and Tahereh Mafi are doing a singing together, but the rules are very strict and limited to 200 wristbands. As well, it's on a Tuesday, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out to Toronto that day.  (more info on these events)
An exciting event I'll definitely be attending however, is Buffer Festival 2014! I attended the first annual last year and had such a blast and I'm so excited to be going again. As well, if you go to the website and watch the 2013 recap video, you can spot me multiple times!

I'll be attending the CTFxC show, the ShayCarl show, the Vloggers and Vlogumentary show, as well as the Red Capet Event! 
If you see me at any of these events, don't be shy to come say hi! (hehe, that rhymes)

That's all from me for now! What have y'all been up to? Accomplishments? Bumps in the road? Share it in the comments! 



Comments