Hi, Hello.

Is this thing still working?
I know.
I know I've done this multiple times. However, this little thing is great to have when you have no time for literally anything else. I'm at the point where I barely have a social life, sometimes I forget to eat, and the other day I almost fainted before a midterm. So I'm doing alright.
I tweeted today that I'm going to take an extended hiatus from booktube/youtube - and there are many, many reasons that aren't "having no time." Before mid-term season began and the impending end of my second year as an undergrad came upon me, I had plenty of time to make videos. But I didn't.
If you've been on the bookternet at all lately, you'll know how much of a shit show it is. And I'm not saying that to start so-called "drama," I'm saying because I know you think it too. Don't get me wrong, I love the bookternet and booktube. I've met really great people who have as much (or more) passion for books than I do, and I've found it's a really great place for me. But things can get sour fast as people continue to put their opinions out there - wether they're advocating for more diversity in novels (yay!), or complaining that gay people aren't realistic (what??? I mean, let's get this straight. I live in a house of 6 people, including me. 5 of out those 6 people are part of the LGBT+ community. What was that about straight people being a majority, again?).
In a community that advocates to for accepting other's opinions, it's really frustrating to see people putting (not dumb) ideas out there and watching them get aggressive responses.
So I needed a break. And this one is specifically from booktube. Back in December, I did the same thing for about 2 months, but I have a feeling this one might be a bit longer.
MOVING ON...
Here's what I've got planned. I want to be able to do casual reviews. I respect other book bloggers so much for all the work and graphics and structure for their book reviews, but yo' girl is too lazy. I'd love to put some gifs in here or there, but you may have to give me some time while I figure that out, as it's been quite a while since I've played around with coding.
I'd also love to talk about my program: it's ups, downs, etc. The stuff I read and learn. Mostly because it's what I want to talk about, it's what I'm passionate about. English is what I study and I want to talk about it!
If you don't follow me on instagram, I do have a bookstagram, and I'd like to kind of combine them. Not only to match my aesthetic, but too also get you some cool photos and do stuff like wrap-ups, tbrs. Basically what I was doing on booktube, just in a format where I can do it in my pjs with no makeup on.
Speaking of aesthetic though, if anyone does/knows anyone/anything about web design, hit me up, because this blog is more like a blahg.
.
.
.
get it?
Alright, so that's what I've got for you. Casual, honest reviews. Chats about new books, old books. And once an a while an English major chat wether it be "over-reading" into books, or the history of literature critics.
So if you wanna follow along, you can follow me on bloglovin' if that is your follow method of choice. You can also get email updates when I post new posts.
I'd like to close this off with a song I've been listening to a lot - I figure it's a fun way to do this! This is Not Today by BTS. Kpop isn't always my genre of choice, but I do enjoy it! https://open.spotify.com/track/7KlTFTpy7dXLzr2NtLkvG6

Comments