Thank-goodness-the-semester-is-ending-I'm-almost-free-TBR

Since my semester is almost over, and because I'm drowning in a pile of research and essay writing, I wanted to keep this simple. Here's the stuff I want to read when my work dies down!
Thank-goodness-the-semester-is-ending-I'm-almost-free-TBR

1. Difficult Women, Roxane Gay 
This one came out quite a while ago in January, and I bought it almost right away. I've read a few chapters of Gay's Bad Feminist for various classes in uni and I really enjoy her writing and point of view. Difficult Women is a serious of short fiction follow various women with various identity leading various lives. I love anything with a strong point of view, specifically one that I haven't read a lot of or experienced myself. I'm also a sucker for a good short fiction collection. After I'm done this, I'd love to go back and read Bad Feminist through, and I'm really excited for Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Gay coming out in June.
2. One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter, Scaachi Koul
This came out at the beginning of March and I picked it up a few days ago. I've had it on my list for quite a while after reading many, many articles outlining books 'I need to watch out for in 2017.' This was on many of them, specifically those highlighting women or women of colour. It's a collection of essays by Koul discussing her life in Canada as an Indian woman. Again, I love a good point of view, and this is giving a great one.
3. Crown of Wishes, Roshani Chokshi
I read The Star-Touched Queen a while back and absolutely flew through it. I gave it a moderate rating, but overall I enjoyed it for what it was. The Indian folklore vibes are really cool and the romance was excellent. So I'm pretty excited to jump into this one, although I am a bit disappointed that this is written as a stand-alone/companion novel. I want to know so badly what is going to happen after the end of TSTQ and I'm not even sure if there's an actual sequel in the works. Anyways, I enjoyed the world, so I'm excited to read this.
If you follow me on Goodreads, I'm also "currently" reading The Empress of a Thousand Skies, Do Not Say We Have Nothing, and The Opposite of Loneliness. The truth is, I'm always reading so many books because I have a short attention span. I would like to finished Empress of a Thousand Skies before going onto the other books, but we'll see.
What are you reading right now?

Comments