MY SUMMER READING LIST

First day home for the summer... go to put my stuff away...

*bam*

I throw out my back.

So now I'm sitting on my floor with a heating pad and I figure by body is telling me I need to slow down, what a better time to hop on here!
I'm finally done my third year at uni, this past year and particularly this past semester was some of the toughest school work of my life. Some good grades, some grades I wasn't happy with... but I did it! And that matters!
Speaking of breaks, you know what a great way to take a break is? Reading! I'm so excited to have so much reading time and wouldn't it be great if I could read a SHIT TON of books this summer? I've got May to August! Let's do it!

Here's a tentative list of what I want to read (and re-read!) this summer!*

  • A Series of Unfortunate Events - A sort-of re-read, but I honestly can't remember how far I got through this series when I was a kid, maybe to the third or fourth? And for some reason I remember the 8th book because I think it scared me a bit. But I got the first six books off bookoutlet (and I think they're still on there!) and I really want to get to them!
  • The Kane Chronicles - Percy Jackson? Check! The Heroes of Olympus? Check! Next up, Kane Chronicles! I'm going to be reading this with my good and friend and roommate Meg, who you might know as @theteenbookaddict and I'm very excited because she loves this trilogy!
  • Harry Potter and the... - In preparation for something special I'm going to do my first re-read of Harry Potter while taking some notes about it! I've actually never read books 1-5ish because I listened to them on audiobook so I'm very excited!
  • American Gods - Another roommate of mine really liked this one, and I've also heard great things about the TV show! I've actually only ever read one other Neil Gaiman, even though I love most of the concepts for his stuff. This one is pretty chunky though, and I'm worried that might put me off from reading it sooner rather than later. 
  • Girls Burn Brighter - I've heard nothing but great things about this one, and I'm so intrigued! Honestly I can't tell you off the top of my head what it's about but I think I'm going to really like this one!

* minus A Court of Frost and Starlight because you know I've already pre-ordered that shit. 

Honourable Mentions:

There are many more I'd like to get to. My TBR is slowly rising, and when I'm in school the ratio of books I'm buying to books I'm reading gets quite disproportionate. I'm also super excited to be able to keep up with this blog, and of course, my bookstagram

What are your summer reading plans?

x Emily  

Comments