Books I Want to Read NOW!

As I sit here at 10:36pm, I don't think about the book I just finished, or the book I'm about to start - no, I think of all the books that I do not own and feel as though I need right. this. minute.
So I've complied a list of books that - I think - I need right now, and I am going to share that list with you.

1. Vicious, by V.E. Schwab 
I've heard MANY wonderful things about this book. Especially from JesseTheReader and PeruseProject on YouTube. I've gathered that this novel starts off following two pretty cool dudes named Victor and Eli who have a pretty cool platonic relationship. Then it jumps into the future and their arch-nemesi (plural for arch-nemesis, I may have just made that word up). Apparently, it's hard to pick a side because they're both 'evil' and I wonder who I would be more inclined to side with and why. I'm very intrigued by this novel and how the characters came to be, and I need it now.

2. Winger, by Andrew Smith
Again, I've heard many booktubers talk about this one (like Katytastic and BookHunter155). It seems like your typical troubled-teen-living-in-a-boarding school book, but this one intrigues me because of all the hype around it. Plus, as a teen who is sometimes troubled, I enjoy relating to troubled teens in fictional worlds; it makes me feel less alone. This book holds an average 4.19 rating on Goodreads - which is high - so that intrigues me as well.

3. The Sky is Everywhere, by Jandy Nelson
This book was recommended on Twitter by Mr. Ransom Riggs, and after reading his novel, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and loving it to death, I can't not read something he's recommended. After looking it up and actually finding out what it's about, the character is so similar to me (except I play trumpet instead of clarinet and my older sister is alive - love you, Rachel!) that it's scary and I must read it.

4. Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
Say it with me now, "Emily wants this because it's hyped on booktube!" Also, it sounds really cool. This novel is set in the future, where everyone plays a huge online game called OASIS. The creator of this virtual world is long dead, but before he died he left easter eggs inside the game for others to find and collect to eventually own the game/company themselves. From what I've heard, the book starts off with someone finally discovering the first clue to find the first easter egg and all hell breaks loose. This book sounds so interesting and I must have it in my hands!

5. Stardust, by Neil Gaiman
I've loved the movie adaptation of this novel for a very long time, and I had no idea it was a book first until maybe November? I don't know how I never knew it was a novel first, but I now I need it! Stardust is about a fantastical world divided from a "mundane Victorian-English village" by a wall, and in the beginning a half-fairy boy goes to retrieve a fallen star for his lover. In the meantime, many other beings in this magical world are after it - or her, rather - as well. I'm not sure how much was changed for the movie, but I want to find out!

There you have it. A list of 5 books I'd like on my shelf right now. At this moment they're all set to high priority on my amazon wishlist.

x Emily

Comments